For over 20 years, Robbie Kellman Baxter has been a subscriptions advocate, literally writing the book on subscriptions (well, two actually). Today she shares her innovative outlook on subscriptions that she calls the “membership mindset.”
It’s about building your organization, experience, and brand around helping people solve their problems or reach their goals for the long term. Whether you’re currently running a subscription or plan on launching one, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
"A lot of companies wait to do retention until the person calls to cancel, and it’s too late by then, you want to do it when they’re behaviour is changing."
- Robbie Kellman Baxter, Strategy Consultant Author of The Forever Transaction
Some topics we discuss are:
- How she got involved with subscriptions
- Thinking about your brand with a “membership mindset”
- Understanding and communicating what your customers get out of your subscription
- How to know when to offer free trials
- The power of onboarding and reinforcing their decision
- How to find and hold onto the right customers to optimize LTV
About the guest
Robbie Kellman Baxter
Strategy Consultant, Author of The Forever Transaction
Robbie Kellman Baxter is a bestselling author, speaker, and consultant with more than twenty years of experience providing strategic business advice to major organizations including Netflix, Consumer Reports and LinkedIn, as well as leaders in industries including Software-as-a-Service, Media, Retail, Consumer Products, Healthcare, Financial Services and Hardware.