Patrick Campbell, Founder and CEO of the Boston-based ProfitWell, has helped thousands of subscription brands optimize every step of their subscription — from onboarding, marketing and pricing, through retention, churn, and even cancellation.
Campbell is a firm believer that even after a subscriber cancels there is still a huge opportunity to retain revenue. If you’re a subscription brand looking to take revenue optimization to the next level, this episode is packed full of tips, advice and actionable takeaways from one of the brightest minds in the subscriptions world.
"The moment between hitting cancel and no longer being a customer is ripe for opportunity."
- Patrick Campbell, CEO ProfitWell
Some topics we discuss are:
- Subscription churn and the meaning of "not all churn is equal."
- The difference between regrettable churn and non-regrettable churn, voluntary vs. involuntary churn.
- Tactics for reducing churn and increasing retention for subscription brands.
- Key reactivation strategies merchants may be missing out on.
- Insights on different subscription durations - monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Cancellation flow optimization and offboarding strategies you can use to win customers back and keep them.
About the guest
Patrick Campbell is the Co-Founder and CEO of ProfitWell, the industry standard software for helping companies like Atlassian, Autodesk, Meetup, and Lyft with their monetization (through Price Intelligently) and retention strategies. ProfitWell also provides a turnkey solution that powers the subscription financial metrics for over eight thousand subscription companies (it’s free and plugs right into your billing system). Prior to ProfitWell Patrick led Strategic Initiatives for Boston based Gemvara and was an Economist at Google and the US Intelligence community.