Kurt Elster has been growing “unofficially” with Shopify since its infancy. In today’s episode, the host of the popular Unofficial Shopify Podcast talks about how his entrepreneurial spirit took him on an unconventional path to ecommerce success and teaches us how to ace key elements of the ecommerce experience that most stores struggle to get right.
The Unofficial Shopify Podcast has over 1 million downloads and Kurt’s consultancy, Ethercycle, has helped dozens of small and medium sized merchants excel on Shopify.
"Your biggest enemy is not another competitor, it’s the back button."
- Kurt Elster, Founder Ethercycle
Some topics we discuss are:
- Kurt’s unconventional path to success in ecommerce
- The best ways to troubleshoot your online store
- How to turn visitors into customers
- The underused potential of copywriting
- The power of positioning
- Black Friday messaging during COVID-19
About the guest
Kurt Elster is the Founder of Ethercycle and the host of the Unofficial Shopify Podcast.