Taxes have become more and more complicated over the years and you'd be blown away by how much misconception and misinformation there is on how you need to collect and remit tax.
If you run an ecommerce store, you NEED to understand tax properly. On our show today we have Greg Chapman, the SVP of Business Development at Avalara, a leading tax compliance software platform for ecommerce brands. He discusses a few of the intricacies of the tax system, specifically for online retail.
This is an episode you shouldn't miss! As an online merchant, small or large, you need to understand tax and get it right.
"We found a way to use UGC to supercharge our growth. And it's a win-win for us and the customers!"
- Greg Chapman, SVP Business Development Avalara
Some topics we discuss are:
- What exactly are online merchants responsible for collecting and remitting when it comes to taxes.
- Why are taxes so hard? Why don't merchants just use the tax settings built into ecommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento etc.
- What is considered Physical Presence and Economic Nexus, how does it affect taxes, and what do stores need to understand about it.
- What are tax considerations when you start selling internationally?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes merchants make when it comes to taxes that get them in the most trouble.
About the guest
SVP Business Development, Avalara
Avalara is a leading tax compliance software platform for ecommerce brands.