Colin Bodell worked for Amazon, Groupon, and American Eagle — to name a few — before joining Shopify Plus last year as VP of Engineering.
Today he gives us his valuable insights on Covid-19’s accelerating effect on ecommerce and his prescient first experience with Shopify. He’ll also share how merchants can use data to renew old school personal relationships with customers.
"It’s not about us, it’s not about our ego, it’s about helping out merchants."
- Colin Bodell, VP Engineering Shopify Plus
Some topics we discuss are:
- Colin’s experiences working with Amazon, Shopify, and more
- Anticipating future needs of your customers
- The growth of direct-to-consumer commerce
- The role of personalization and recommendations
- The importance of democratizing data and commerce
- Colin’s first experience with the agility of Shopify
- How Covid has accelerated ecommerce and how to embrace change
About the guest
VP Engineering, Shopify Plus
Colin Bodell is the Vice President of Engineering at Shopify