According to Andrew Forman, Founder and CEO of Givz, personalized purpose is the way of the future. Founded in 2017, Givz is already disrupting the discount-heavy Shopify marketplace by giving brands the opportunity to offer donation incentives with purchases (Eg., spend a hundred dollars, get $20 to give to a charity of your choice). The amazing part is they are finding these sorts of offers actually can convert higher than traditional discounts. Today, forward-thinking companies work with Givz to grow sales and celebrate the personalized causes their consumers care about.
"We believe that everybody, every brand will need to be using Givz in the next five years, and the main reason is because consumers are changing."
- Andrew Forman, Founder & CEO Givz
Some topics we discuss are:
- Why discounts are so problematic for the long term profitability of a business.
- What factors modern consumers are really driven by other than price.
- How today’s brands are embracing the move towards social good.
- How giving away money to give away can actually outperform a traditional discount.
- The business benefits of donation-driven marketing, plus some less intangible, longer-term positive effects.
- Personalized purpose and the future of conscious consumerism.
About the guest
Founder & CEO, Givz
Andrew Forman is the Founder and CEO of Givz, a donation incentives solution for Shopify. Prior to Givz, Andrew spent six years years in investment banking and was the treasurer of a nonprofit organization. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in Mathematics and Economics from Hamilton College. He lives in New York, is a proud father of two, and still tries to make time for recreational sports.