Are you Bold?
Intermediate PHP & JS Developer
As an Intermediate Developer on the Apps team you’ll have the opportunity to work with our highly skilled App developers to create groundbreaking new ways to help merchants with their online stores. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our existing apps remain up to date and for releasing fancy new features to make our already awesome apps even more awesome!
As a more experienced Web Developer, you will bring multiple years of industry knowledge and leadership abilities. You will be eager to help mentor our Junior Developers and be excited so share your ideas. You will also possess the ability to manage a project from start to finish with little supervision.
In case you haven’t noticed, eCommerce is kind of a big thing, that’s only getting bigger. We’ve only scratched the surface of what kinds of functions and features we can add to online commerce. If you want to help world shop better online, this is your chance.
Here’s what we need from you
- An ability to pitch in at every step from napkin sketches to product launch. We want you to be creative. Developing isn’t just about taking an idea we bring to you and building it. We want your contribution on ways it can be better. You’ll be part of a team and work closely with all of us, but you’ll also be called upon to take an idea and bring it to life with your own inspiration. Are you up for that?
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent program, and related work experience. We need to know that you’re up for the task.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience working with Frameworks.
- Have a basic understanding of web security (SQL injection & XSS).
- Experience developing in Liquid or with Shopify’s API is a major asset.
Other skills that will get you far
- MySQL experience.
- Ajax Experience.
- Great communication skills are always helpful for everyone to be on the same page about the development of a project.
- The more skills the better. Please list any technical assets you have.
- Being a generally awesome human being. We want someone cool to work with. It makes the office a better place for everyone.
- Impress us with anything else you can do Juggle knives, make a bad ass mixtape, quote the Big Lebowski on command…
What it means to be Bold
Here at Bold, we live by the Bold Builders Code. The Code is our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. Each employee is a Builder, and we’re all dedicated to growing Bold to be the biggest, best company it can be. We employ people who want to do their very best work for our customers, for their co-workers, for the company as a whole, and for their own personal satisfaction and growth. We believe in accountability to one-another, in innovation, in being transparent in everything we do, and in measuring success through results.
Bold is one of Manitoba's fastest growing tech companies, with a unique company culture that encourages and rewards creativity. If you’re simply looking for your next 9-5 job, Bold is not for you. We're looking for Builders who are dedicated to doing an amazing job, who want to stretch the boundaries, who are eager to impress, and who thrive on standing out from the crowd.
What is Bold?
Bold Commerce is an innovative software company located in Winnipeg, Manitoba that specializes in eCommerce websites and app development. We believe in a stress-free, casual and fun work environment with flexible work hours. We encourage and welcome good ideas and reward people for hard work by offering competitive salaries, bonuses, employee profit sharing, free daily lunches, staff parties and more! Some of our clients include Microsoft, Shopify, Time Life, the LA Lakers, Cirque de Soleil, theChive, and many others.
At Bold, we work hard and we play hard! If you’re a potential Builder and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other!
We get a lot of applicants so we encourage you to do something that stands out. Go above and beyond when you apply so you don’t get lost in the mix.
Show that you have what it takes to be Bold.
Know someone who would be a good fit for this role?
If you aren't the right person for this role but you know someone who might be, please share this page with them.